Allright, so we all know that side projects are great. A lot of startup successes started from side projects that used to be ideas. There are plenty of reasons as why everyone should start a side project.
An idea that becomes a side project could potentially grow into something really big or it fails horribly. Either way you learn a lot from it. You don’t have to invest a lot of money, just your personal time.
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda, Jedi Master.
There are plenty of reasons as why everyone should start a side project. To name a few:
- You only need to invest time, not money. This is the beauty of side projects.
- Your idea could potentially grow into something really big! Why wouldnt you start your idea? Most side projects are low risk, potential high reward.
- If you found another digital nomad that complements your skillset you can learn a lot from that person.
- So the idea is not as good as you hoped and the side project fails? No problem! The important thing is that you learned from the experience. Did you? Good, then you can consider it a succesfull side project.
- Broaden your network. Meet fellow nomads, build awesome stuff with them. Not only can you learn from their expertise, perhaps he or she also has some interesting job opportunities for you.
As you can see we are all very hyped about the possibilities of starting side projects. We get sad when we see possible ideas not being executed for whatever reason.
Don’t be afraid to start a side project! So what if it fails, it’s the experience that matters, not the outcome. Don’t be afraid to fail, actually you should aim for it. Fail enough times and eventually you will hit the right spot.
“It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance.
If you’be been waiting for the right moment to start your side project, get off your ass and realize it. It may not revolutionize your industry. It may not make you a billionare, but you’re a creative person. Thinking about and creating new stuff it what you do. So go for it.